Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day

I waited till the last possible moment to decorate for Valentine’s Day.  (I want to fast forward and decorate for Spring and Easter)!
When I found these cute hydrangea puffs at Michaels I became inspired.
P1010681

I thought they would look adorable hanging from branches.

P1010688

Our curly willow tree lost some BIG branches due to the weight of the snow that we got last month. So I grabbed a little saw and cut off what I wanted.

I ordered this cute sampler from here.
I saw it in the February issue of Romantic Homes and loved it. I doubt it will ever get stitched but that’s ok:)

P1010675

The frame that holds the sampler is a thrifting find. So are the sweet little crystal cups.

P1010690

In my cloche now are two sweet, white, chippy birds.

P1010680

The tray that they sit on is a thrifting find as well. You may remember I posted about it here. I use it to house my glitter shakers. I decided it needed some color for my craft room and I painted it a pretty pink. I like how it looks under my cloche.

I painted some X’s and O’s in the same pretty pink and glittered them generously with some tinsel glitter.

P1010677

It came together nicely!

P1010678

P1010672

I couldn’t leave the dining room table out.
So take a right and a little more pink awaits.

P1010686

My mom gave me this sweet cherub pot when I was 16, I think. I remember she had put some lilacs in it and it smelled sooooo good.
It’s kind of perfect for Valentine’s Day!

P1010685

Some wood candle holders I bought a long time ago, got a dry coat of ASCP in old white, then a little sanding.

P1010693

Simple yet sweet.

P1010683

Btw, the curio in the corner of the dining room had a makeover with none other than Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I will do a post about that one another day.
Happy Valentine’s Day!


14 comments:

Ruby Jean said...

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE it... SO very pretty, soft and SWEET!!!

Chubby Chieque said...

The pastel theme is absolutely pretty and perfect for Spring to come.

Really pretty settings, too...

Happy TTT,
/chie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Pretty and Pink! It all worked out perfectly.
Happy Valentine's Day
deb

The Polka Dot Closet said...

It's all so cute!! I love the XOXO! and the puff balls. I was going to stop at Micheals today, but ran out of time...I'm heading back Happy Valentines Day!

Carol

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

How pretty your Valentine's display is!!! And it can so easily go right to spring...can't wait until then! Thank you so much for stopping by 21 Rosemary Lane and leaving such a lovely comment. Love your blog...it's so pretty too! Following you now and have a great day!!!

BeautifulDees said...

How pretty...all of it,the pastel's are so beautiful. You really have a knack.
Love,Debbie:)

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

oh so very very very pretty in pink! it is a delight to the eyes and has given me a big smile!!!!! spring is right around the corner!!!whohooooooooooooooooo!!!!! (hugs)

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I really think this is lovely. It will transition to Spring very easily. Good job! It is so pretty!
Blessings,
Susie

Holly Loves Art said...

Hi Michelle,
Oh you made a beautiful Valentine's Day... all the decorations are wonderful! The vase from your mom is precious. A real keeper! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Holly

Patty said...

I keep looking at KC the elephant and he has no SOLD sign under him...is he for sale?!?!

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Michelle,
It's so nice to hear you comment that you are interested in the craft room project! I'm excited that anyone else is excited. It will have a fun and fresh yet shabby chic feel, if there can be such a a combo! Thanks so much for commenting!
Julie

Theresa said...

Such a lovely theme & setting from Valentines straight into spring. I love it! I still have some spring cleaning to do before I get to my decor, but I am so ready! Thanks for brightening my day with your blog & post.

Stacy Allbritton said...

I love the decorations you chose - so bright for winter!

Fishtail Cottage said...

hi there! just wanted to let you know that i am deleting the new linky follower tool from my side bar. Please make sure you are a follower of Fishtail Cottage using Google...(you can read about it here!)http://fishtailcottage.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-way-to-follow-bloggers.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...